The Henry Madden Library pleased to begin 2021 by welcoming Suzan Alteri, our new librarian leading the Arne Nixon Center whose first day was Monday, January 4, 2021. Suzan comes to us from the Baldwin Library of Historical Children’s Literature at the University of Florida, Gainesville. Her experience, enthusiasm and outlook will undoubtedly raise the ANC to a whole new level. Just a few of Suzan’s accomplishments include:
- Initiatives on bring primary sources to students for their undergraduate research and textual analysis
- Using both physical and digital historical texts to develop digital humanities sites and digital exhibitions
- Developing and teaching a graduate level course on archival literacy
- Broad experience in teaching both graduate and undergraduate coursework
- Developing and analyzing questions with an eye toward diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And much, much more.
She’s been honored with multiple awards for her work with children’s literature. Beyond that, she has scholarly interests in scientific publications written by women. More than anything, though, we’re certain that her enthusiasm for the Arne Nixon Center and her thoughtful perspective will open new doors as we offer the ANC as a unique point-of-service to our campus community.